Saturday 22 October 2011

Tudor Market Hall ......and Welcome!

Wecome!
Before I go another step further  -  I must welcome new followers to my blog.  Thank you for dropping by and I hope you stay awhile!

Tudor Market Hall
I was lucky enough to be able to acquire this Rik Pierce kit - and talk about a jigsaw puzzle - but it has been a heap of fun and hard work!!  I am making 2 - one for a friend and one for myself and I'm working on them in tandem so it has kept me very busy - like one on a mission!!  The mission being getting it finished as soon as possible.

The jigsaw puzzle!!

My friend Leif literally saved my life by assisting with the distressing of all the wood needed for both kits.  A lot of work there - but it kept him busy for most of a weekend!!







The internal walls clayed and lightly painted.  Further aging later!!








See?  I did my exercises on this day - I picked up the weights off the floor and placed them carefully on the table.  They really come in handy for holding things in place!






Here it is taking shape - albeit slowly!












Here the beams and floors have been added.












Now I can continue to clay the outside - brickwork on all external walls.
The roof can then be added and I will put it on it's base and work on cobbling the market area.  Still a fair amount of work to be done!

I'll keep you posted!


6 comments:

  1. How WONDERFUL!!! It already looks great considering you just got started on it. I would LOVE to have a chance to make one. I am looking forward to seeing future posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lidi, much work! But I can see that will be wonderful, like everything you do. The work of clay bricks is perfect. I'll be here watching over this fantastic work. Congratulations and kiss on the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kit is really beautiful. You are doing a great job.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing tudor building. Really detailed ! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great building, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete